- Adding new xml data into embedded excel spreadsheet within Xcelsius 2008 will give the following error:-"To get data from a web page into Microsoft Office Excel, you must open excel as an independent application and then perform a web query"
- XML data already present refreshes fine.
Reproducing the Issue
- Xcelsius 2008
- Launch Xcelsius 2008.
- Import an excel file which contains xml mapping in Xcelsius 2008.
- Create a dashboard using Excel xml mapping.
- Try to map a new xml file in the embedded excel spreadsheet.
- Excel allows external data to be inserted only when it is running as an independent application.
1) Open the .xls file separately in Excel.
2) Insert the new xml data.
3) Save the file.
4) Re-import the file into Xcelsius dashboard.
XML, Excel, Add , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem