- Text cut off.
- Cross-Tab column header truncated in Crystal Reports.
- Can Grow option grayed out, for rows or columns in a cross-tab.
- Can Grow option is disabled when formatting a cell of a cross-tab in Crystal Reports.
- Cross-Tab column header does not resize automatically to fit the text in Crystal Reports.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a cross-tab on the report.
- Add at least one row, one column and one summry.
- When previewing the report, notice the column header text is truncated.
- When editing the cross-tab, notice the "Can Grow" option is grayed out.
- Cross-Tab columns and row width are static in Crystal Reports, in order to keep the cross-tab columns and rows even.
- This is why text that are longer than the cell width will be truncated, and it is also why the "Can Grow" option for a cross-tab cell is grayed out.
- If the row or column headers text are truncated, manually resize the width of the cross-tab row or column cell.
- In Crystal Reports, open the report.
- Preview the report.
- On the cross-tab, select the cell that contains the row or column header text, and over on the right edge of the cell until it displays a left and right arrow, then resize the cell to display the whole text.
- The cross-tab will then display the whole text.
cr, xtab, crosstab, cross-tab , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Product Enhancement
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020