It takes long time for data to return when specified order is used on group.
The ‘Specified Order’ is relatively slow as compared to other group order (Ascending, Descending and Original).
Reproducing the Issue
- Create new Crystal Reports
- Create a group. Go to ‘Insert’ -> ‘Group’.
- ‘Insert Group’ window opens.
- Select the field for grouping from first drop down list.
- Select ‘in specified order.’ option from the second drop down box.
- New tab as ‘Specified Order’ opens.
- Specify the order of grouping and click ‘OK’.
- In specified order, the data is first fetched from database normally and then Crystal Reports resorts the data based on the specified order which we have defined in the Crystal Reports.
- This takes double the time as per normal grouping.
excess time, long time, group, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem