Rules to be considered while connecting Xcelsius to custom .NET web-services.
Reproducing the Issue
- Xcelsius Enterprise 4.5.
- Windows server 2003.
- It is not necessary to use QaaWS or Flynet in order to connect to a web-services.
Custom web-services can also be consumed in Xcelsius.
Following rules should be followed:
- Elements and folders can be tied to the component as Return values.
- The schema portion of the WSDL is loaded into a validating parser. That means if the schema portion is not fully conforming, then an error will occur. The WSDL will need to be fixed before it can be used in Xcelsius.
- If the schema portion of the WSDL has choice elements, only the first choice will be available to be used in the web-services Connector Component.
- If there are dependencies on other files, make sure there is an import tag with a "SchemaLocation" attribute that the application can get to.
- DIME and other binary formats are not supported.
- Overloaded method names, methods with the same name but different types, are not recommended.
- SOAP headers are not recommended.
.NET Web Service, Qaaws in .NET frame work, Independent Web Services. , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , How To