- Chinese characters shows as questions marks.
When viewing a report in Crystal Reports, Chinese characters appear as boxes, or as unreadable characters.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report of any data source.
- Insert a Database Fields on the report that contains Chinese characters.
- Refresh the report.
Notice the fields displays white boxes, questions marks, or unreadable characters, instead of the expected Chinese Characters.
- Font used on the report does not support Chinese Characters.
- Change the font of the field to a unicode font supporting Chinese Characters like:
- Arial Unicode MS
Chinese Fonts, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020