- Crystal Xcelsius 2008 has been recently installed.
- The .msi setup file is on a remote machine
- Error occures while Launching Xcelsius 2008.
Reproducing the Issue
- Unzip .msi file from Crystal Xcelsius 2008 setup from a remote machine.
- Install the .msi file on a new machine.
- After installation run the Xcelsius.exe file.
- Crystal Xcelsius 2008
- Windows XP SP2
Install Xcelsius2008 SP1 build which has an inbuilt Silent installation feature.
Place the installer folder of Xcelsius on the shared drive and then run the .msi file.
- Silent installation can be achieved in Xcelsius 2008 using the following installation script.
- Open command prompt and go to Xcelsius 2008 Setup.exe directory.
- Enter "setup.exe –w silent.ini" to launch Xcelsius 2008 Installer. 3. Step through all the dialogs (enter keycode, select language packs, pick installation directory),
- Click Cancel button on the Dialog before the actual installation begins.
- A file named silent.ini will be created in the same folder as setup.exe.
- Give any name for the .ini file.
- Enter "setup.exe –rsilent.ini" to start silent installation of Xcelsius 2008 .
- The same silent.ini file can be used to run silent installation on other machines.
Reinstall, failed, Crystal Xcelsius 2008, .msi file
Reinstall, failed, Crystal Xcelsius 2008, .msi file, KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , How To