- Report Designer Component (RDC) ASP application hangs or or throws an error claiming that we are using the wrong or missing dll when attempting to export to Excel, RTF or Word
- This functionality did work at one time, and suddenly stopped working one day.
- Using the ActiveX Viewer, which has been installed on the client machines using the npviewer.exe file.
- The application does successfully export when tested on the server where the application is installed.
Reproducing the Issue
- View report in the ActiveX viewer
- Try to export to RTF
Application hangs or throws an error.
- Windows 2000 SP4
- IIS 5
- Crystal Reports 9 RDC
- Windows XP, latest service pack
- npviewer.exe (ActiveX viewer)
Npviewer is requesting out of date paths and dll's from the server for exporting; the exporting dll's being requested no longer exist in Crystal Reports 9. This is the reason for the "missing or out of date dll" error.
Temp folder is also full of temp files, causing the viewer to hang when exporting.
KBA , BI-DEV , Business Intelligence Software Development Kits (SDKs) , Problem