- How to convert a Julian Date to a Date?
- How to convert a Date to a Julian Date in Crystal Reports?
- Not able to see the functions: DateToJulian or JulianToDate in the Formula Workshop in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- Julian dates (abbreviated as JD) are a continuous count of days from January 1, 4713 BCE on the Julian calendar.
- To convert a Julian Date to a Date, or a Date to a Julian Date in Crystal Reports, uses the additional functions added by the User Function Library (UFL) Julian Date:
- Download the Julian Date UFL: ufljul.exe, from the Attachments section below.
- After the ufljul.exe is downloaded, rename the extension from .exe to .zip, and extract the UFL: U2LJUL.DLL
- Copy the file: U2LJUL.DLL to the following path:
- For Crystal Reports 2008
C:\Programs Files\Business Objects\ Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013, 2016
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86
Note: When launching Crystal Reports, the Julian Date UFL will automatically add the additional functions JulianToDate and DateToJulian to Crystal Reports.
- To convert a Julian Date to a Date use the function: JulianToDate
- To convert a Date to a Julian Date, use the function: DateToJulian
- The Syntax for the functions are:
DateToJulian (date) - Takes a date field and returns the Julian date values. ( Note: Result will be rounded if there is decimal. )
JulianToDate (number) - Takes a Julian date and returns the date value.
DateToJulian (date(2001,10,28)) will convert the date to the Julian Date numeric value of: 2452211
JulianToDate (2452211) will return 10/28/2001, which is 2,452,211 days from January 1, 4713 B.C.
CR, JD , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016