- Trying to preserve word wrapping from excel without having to manually do alt-enter on the cell.
- Any text that has an alt-enter line break will have [string]text[/string] on any of the selector components.
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to replicate:
1. Manually create a WebI report having a manual table where you enter a long string into a cell.
2. Call this WebI in Excel from live office
3. Make sure that the Excel cell that the live office object goes into has word wrapping enabled.
4. You should see that the text gets wrapped on the Excel cell
5. In Xcelsius, create a label menu and hook the label up to the Excel cell.
6. You should see that the wrapping has not been preserved
- Xcelsius 2008
- Windows XP
Enhancement request has been raised for this issue.
Steps to Fix:
- Word-wrapping can only be achieved using the ‘alt-enter’ workaround – especially if we are using a Label Based Menu.
- The only component that has word-wrapping is the Label Component.
- There are already numerous enhancement requests for this feature
wordwrap , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Bug Filed