- Error: "Field name is not known"
- Unable to report off of Pervasive (Btrieve) database when the field is defined as memo type
Reproducing the Issue
- Use Crystal Reports XI Release 2 to create a report off the Pervasive database
- Install Pervasive Work Group engine
- Use the native Crystal Reports database driver (Btrieve) to connect to the pervasive database
- Place a memo field on the report design panel
- Refresh the report
This will result in the error: "Field name is not known"
- ODBC connection works
- Issue is not confirmed with other versions of Crystal Reports
- At this time (Oct. 16, 2008), the only work-around is to use ODBC connection to the Pervasive database.
- A Technical Escalation to QA has been submitted under the tracking number of 5000032790.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports XI R2