- A report exported to the MS Excel format from Crystal Reports containing date values, displays the date properly within the MS Excel Spreadsheet.
- Date cell format in the MS Excel spreadsheet displays as custom format and not the date format, why?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source, and add a date to the report.
- Export a report that contains date field to MS Excel format.
- Open the exported report in MS Excel.
- In MS Excel, right click on a date, and select "Format Cell..." in the contextual menu.
- In the "Format Cells" window, under the tab "Number", the format is set to "Custom" and not "Date" as expected.
For a date displayed in MS Excel in the format: YYYY/MM/DD, like 2008/12/25
Will have a "Custom" format like: yyyy\/mm\/dd, instead of a date format.
- By design, the date cell format is set to the "Custom" format within MS Excel to ensure it retains the date format set within the report.
CR, xls, export, date format , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem