- Unable to insert or delete columns from Microsoft Excel after export reports from Crystal Reports Designer
- Received error message in Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Error: "To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet."
Reproducing the Issue
- Exports Reports to Excel with Data Only from Crystal Reports Designer
- Open the Excel file in Microsoft Excel
- Insert or delete column and received the error message - Microsoft Error: To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet.
Microsoft Excel: This issue may occur if a formula has been added to the entire worksheet, or if formatting (such as a border) has been added to an entire column or row.
To resolve this issue, clear each of the cells in the row or column, and then remove any formatting from the remaining rows and columns.
Here are the steps:
1. Click the heading cell in the first blank column to the right of the data. (The heading cell is the first cell in each column, and indicates which column you are in).
2. Press and hold down CTRL+SHIFT. Press the RIGHT ARROW key to select all of the columns to the right of the first column that you clicked.
3. In the Edit menu, click Delete.
4. Click the first blank row below the last row in the data.
5. Press and hold down CTRL+SHIFT. Press the DOWN ARROW key to select all of the rows below the first row that were clicked.
6. In the Edit menu, click Delete.
Note: To remove any formatting from the remaining cells, continue to follow these steps.
7. Click the small cell between the first row heading and the first column heading to select the entire worksheet.
8. In the Format menu, click Cells > Border tab.
Note: The formatting added to the remaining cells may vary. Step 8 assumes removing border formatting. To remove other types of formatting, change settings under another tab in the Format Cells dialog box.
9. Click None > click OK.
10. Click any cell in the row where you want to insert a row.
11. In the Insert menu, click Row. To insert a column, click Column.
KBA , BI-OD-CR , CrystalReports.com , Problem