- How to specify a path where exported files are stored?
- How to set a default path to save the exported files from Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report.
- Under the menu "File", select "Export - Export Report"
- In the "Export" window, select any exporting format, and set the destination to "Disk file", and click "OK"
- In the window "Choose Export File", it does not display the desired path. We have to navigate to a different path where we want to save the exported report.
How to set a default exporting path?
- Crystal Reports does not have option to define a default path where exported documents are saved.
- Despite Crystal Reports does not have an option to set the default export directory when exporting a report to any Format, you can set the initial exporting path in the registry key: ExportDirectory
But note that if you select any other exporting directly afterwards, the last directory path you used will overwrite what you defined in the resgitry key, because this is not an actual default export path option, but a registry key that stores the last export path used to export a report from Crystal Reports.
WARNING - The following resolution involves editing the Microsoft Registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry before editing it. For more information, refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Close Crystal Reports.
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor.
- In MS Windows, under the "Start" menu, select "Run"
- In the "Run" dialog, type "Regedit"
- For Crystal Reports 2008
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013 and 2016
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Export
CR, xport , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016