You are unable to post a supplier invoice due to the error message: Error while converting <Currency A> to <Currency B>; Contact technical support. However no currency conversion should take place as both your company and your supplier have the same currency in use.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Select New Invoice Without Purchase Order link in Common Tasks.
- Fill in all the mandatory details.
- Select Cost Distribution sub tab in the Items tab and select Accounting Type as Cost Center.
- Select the cost center given using the value help.
- Select the button Post.
- You get the above mentioned error message.
The two reasons for this behavior of the supplier invoicing application are:
- There are no currency rates maintained for the currency conversion.
- The approval currency maintained in the fine-tune activity Supplier Invoice Approvals differs from the currency in the supplier invoice.
Maintain the Currency Exchange Rates as follows:
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Select the link Edit Exchange Rates under Common Tasks.
- Select the button Maintain Exchange Rates.
By Default the approval currency for supplier invoice should be the one of your residence in the fine-tuning activity Supplier Invoice Approvals.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Open Activity List button.
- Select Fine tune wizard and select Supplier Invoice Approvals.
- Check the currency maintained here.
KBA , dollar , gbp , usd , euro , cad , eur , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To