- Upon attempting to refresh your Xcelsius Dashboard the following error displays: error #2032
- Xcelsius 2008
- Dashboard 4.0
- Dashboard 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a model that is being served on a web server but refreshes from another server/domain.
- Ensure that there is no crossdomain.xml file in the root directory of the domain where the Flash file is refreshing 'from'
- The Xcelsius/Dashboard Flash file (.swf) is hosted on one server/domain and is attempting to refresh (pull data) from a different server/domain where a crossdomain.xml policy file does not exist or is outdated.
Scenario A, Your web-server or your client machines are able to connect to the internet
1. Put a crossdomain.xml file in the root directory of the Web server:
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="false" />
<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false" />
Web server root directory is: <BIP/BOE Installation directory>\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT
2. Restart your web-server
Scenario B, Your web-server or your clients machines are CANNOT connect to the internet
1. Please apply KBA 1359310 How to access cross-domain-policy.dtd file without access to Internet
- Reference Article: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14213.html
Xcelsius, dashboard designer, dashboard, crossdomain, crossdomain.xml, Unable to load url, QAAWS , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem