- Cannot retrieve data from XML database;
- Error when refreshing/previewing Crystal report;
- Error: 'Failed to retrieve data from the database'
Reproducing the Issue
- XML file containing CDATA tag, as <![CDATA[ content ]]>;
- The CDATA content should contain more than 12287 characters;
- Create a report off this XML file;
- Preview/Refresh the report;
Crystal Reports XI Release 1 (CR XI R1);
Crystal Reports XI Release 2 (CR XI R2);
This problem has been identified as a bug related to Pullparser v2 (Third party jar) with reference number ADAPT01075442. Pullparser.jar does not support large data of CDATA content (maxlength: 12287 characters).
- Install Service Pack 5 (SP 5) of Crystal Reports XI R2;
Please note that the issue could not be fixed on Crystal Reports XI Release 1.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed