- Error when refreshing a report.
- After changing table linking between two tables, it fails to refresh.
- In Crystal Reports, when refreshing a report, it fails with the error:
"Error: Failed to retrieve data from the database.
Database Connector Error: 'If tables are already linked then the join type cannot change' "
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report.
- In the Database Expert, add tables to the report, or modify the links between tables.
- When refreshing the report, it fails with the error:
"Database Connector Error: 'If tables are already linked then the join type cannot change' "
- Limitation of the query engine caused by the requirement of having multiple links between two tables.
- By design, the linking between the tables needs to be using the same join type.
- The solution is to link the tables using the same join type.
- Use a View, where are the links are done on your database side; or
- Use a Stored Procedure; or
- Use 'Add Command'. This option allows you to write your own SQL Query.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2