- How do you enable logging when running connecting to SAP System from Crystal Reports?
- How to trace connectivity issues to BEx Query, or ECC Tables, or InfoSet from Crystal Reports?
- How to enable logging when troubleshooting issue connecting to SAP Tables, or SAP BW BEx Query from Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- For Tracing the SAP data connections with Crystal Reports, modify the registry keys corresponding to the type of SAP connectivity you will like to trace:
WARNING: The following involves editing the Microsoft Registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322 for more information.
- Close Crystal Reports.
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor. (regedit)
- 2.1 In MS Windows, under the menu "Start", select "Run".
- 2.2 Type "regedit"
- 2.3 Then click "OK"
- Navigate to the registry corresponding to the version of MS Windows you are using:
- For 32 bit version of MS Windows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\SAP
- For 64 bit version of MS Windows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\SAP
- 4.1 Right-click the "SAP" registry subkey, and select "New - String Value"
- 4.2 Type "TraceDir" as the name of the new string value.
- 4.3 Right-click the registry entry "TraceDir", and select "Modify"
- 4.4 Then set its value to the location where you want the trace files to be stored. For example: C:\SAP_Trace
- BW MDX Query Driver
- BW Query Driver
- BW Query Report Wrapper
- Infoset Driver
- ODS Drive
- OpenSQL Driver
- For SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, restart the Central Management Server, Crystal Reports Servers ( Cache servers, processing servers, ... ). Note that it is safe to restart all services, if you can. Also, if this is a cluster environment then, follow the above steps for each cluster and restart all the services.
- Once you finish tracing, do not forget to turn off the trace.
LOGGING, TYPE, ENABLE, CONFIGURE, START, XI R2, LOG FILES, BusinessObjects Enterprise. Integration Kit for SAP Logging , c2019106, CR Trace, Tracing R3, sap table, SAP BW, , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To