- Using the XML driver to report off a web service that returns an ADO.NET dataset.
- Error message appears:
Details: Schema file is invalid
error: Element schema@http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema not found".
This is a known issue with Crystal Reports XI.
The issue has been identified and tracked under ID ADAPT00525719.
To workaround this issue, use one of the following options:
- Build a managed assembly that exposes a public method that returns a dataset or 'DataTable' object.
- Consume the web service and then return the appropriate object.
- In the Crystal Reports Designer, connect to the managed assembly using the '.NET Data Provider' and the report off the method in the managed assembly.
- OR -
- Retrieve the schema (.xsd) for the ADO.NET dataset and then create a report based on the schema file.
- In a .NET application, retrieve the dataset from the web service and then pass it to the report.
For information on implementing the managed assembly option, refer to the technical paper Using the .NET DataSet Provider In Crystal Enterprise.
For information on using reports based on ADO.NET datasets, refer to the following:
ELEMENT SCHEMA XMLSCHEMA NOT FOUND XML DRIVER ADO.NET ADO .NET DOTNET DOT NET Crystal Reports Web Service Reporting .NET Dataset Error Message , c2018453 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed