- Section shrink when suppressed.
- Section name disappears when suppressing or hiding the section in Crystal Reports.
- How to avoid shrinking a suppressed or hidden section in Crystal Reports, and display it with a shade of gray instead?
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source, or open an existing report.
- In the "design" mode, hide or suppress a section.
Notice the section name disappears and the section shrink.
Instead of being grayed out like the following screenshot:
- The Crystal Reports Layout option: "Show Hidden Sections" is unchecked, and this is why it is shrinking the section name.
- To display the suppressed or hidden section in the design view of a report in Crystal Reports, check the Layout option: "Show Hidden Sections"
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "File", select "Options..."
- In the "Options" window, under the tab "Layout", check the option: "Show Hidden Sections", and click "OK"
Now, it will display the hidden or suppressed sections in the design view of the report.
CR, suppress, hidden, section, disappear, collapse, gray out, unavailable , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013