- Disctinct Count show as a value in Excel.
- Distinct Count summary not exported to MS Excel formula function.
- When exporting a report to MS Excel - Data Only (.xls) containg Disctinct Count summary, and selecting the option "Use worksheet functions for summaries", the summary shows the values, instead of the expected Excel function.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data sources.
- Insert a group on the report.
- Add in the Details section the field to summarize.
- Add a Distinct Count summary for the group.
- Export the report to MS Excel - Data Only (xls), and select the option "Use worksheet functions for summaries"
- Notice the summaries does not use the MS Excel formula function to summarize the values, it only display the Distinct Count total, like: 123
- MS Excel does not have a Distinct Count functions. This is why it cannot be translated into an Excel Function, and it has to display the actual distinct count value in the exported MS Excel spreadsheet.
CR, EXPORTING XLS MS EXCEL WORKSHEET FUNCTIONS XI Crystal Reports Exporting Excel Distinct Count Summary , c2017760 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020