- Error when trying to add some tables to a report.
- When adding a table to a report using the Oracle ODBC driver (sqOra32.dll), it fails.
- In Crystal Reports, when connecting to an Oracle database via ODBC, and attempting to add a table that have a name longer than 28 characters, it fails with the error:
"Table name cannot be found. Proceed to remove table from the report?"
- Crystal Reports 10
- Crystal Reports XI
Reproducing the Issue
- In Microsoft ODBC Administrator, create an ODBC DSN to Oracle.
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off the ODBC DSN created in previous step.
- Add a table to the report that have a name longer than 28 characters.
It will then generate the error: "Table name cannot be found. Proceed to remove table from the report?"
- The issue has been identified and tracked under ADAPT00283737
- The issue is resolved in the latest product updates of Crystal Reports XI and above
WHF 283737 ADD TABLE ORACLE ODBC SQORA32.DLL ERROR MESSAGE 28 30 CHARACTERS Crystal Reports Oracle ODBC driver (sqOra32.dll) Table names longer than 28 characters , c2017640 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed