- SQL Expression Fields missing.
- SQL Expression Fields is not available in the Field Explorer, in Crystal Reports.
- Unable to create a SQL Expression fields when reporting off a Universe, or a Business Views in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off a Stored Procedure or Command Object.
- In the Field Explorer window, notice the SQL Expression Fields is not available.
- SQL Expression field is written in SQL, and it will be added to the SELECT clause of the SQL Query generate by Crystal Reports for the report.
- When connecting to a Stored Procedure or using a Command Object, the SQL Query is predefined and cannot be modified by Crystal Reports, therefore the SQL Expression field will not be available when connecting to either of these objects.
- Also, some type of data source connectivity doesn’t have the capability of using SQL Expression Fields.
- SQL Expression Fields are not available when reporting off:
- Stored Procedure
- Command Object
- Business Views
- SAP BW MDX Query
- SAP Table, Cluster, or Function
- SAP Info Sets
- This is normal behavior.
- For SQL Expression Fields to be available, create a report that connects to tables or views, and where Crystal Reports can generate the SQL Query.
Examples: SQL Expression Fields will be available when connecting via ODBC to Oracle tables, or MS SQL Server tables.
SQL Expression Fields, not available, Crystal Reports, Stored Procedure, Command Objects, SAP BW MDX Query, SAP Table, Cluster, or Function , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem