- Group name repeats.
- In Crystal Reports, when previewing a report that contains a group, why do some groups have repeated occurrences?
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report that contains at least one group.
- When refreshing the report, notice that some of the group name repeats.
For example, if your report is grouped by Country, and the report displays the following groups:
As you can see above, USA and Canada have repeated occurrence.
- Groups have repeated occurrences because it is grouped in original order.
- When grouping in original order, the records are grouped on the original order they are read.
For example, if we have the following records in the database:
Then when grouping in original order the records are read, then the groups on the report will be:
And this is normal behavior.
- To avoid having repeated occurrences of a group in Crystal Reports, group the data in ascending, descending or specified order.
- To change the order of a group, use the following steps:
- On the 'Design' tab, right-click the group header or footer in the left gray margin and click 'Change Group'.
- Click the second drop-down list box and select 'in ascending order' or 'in descending order'.
Now, when you preview the report, the group will be in ascending or descending order, and will not be repeated.
GROUPS GROUPING SORT ORDER DUPLICATE INSTANCE MULTIPLE CR10 Crystal Reports Grouping Sort order , c2016095 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013