- What is the number of characters limit for a Command Object?
- In Crystal Reports, the Add Command function is used to enter a custom SQL Query for the report to execute. What is the maxium number of characters we can enter for the SQL Query?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off any relational data source.
- In the "Database Expert", under the database connection, double click on "Add Command"
- In the window "Add Command To Report", you can enter a SQL Query that will be sent to your data source.
What is the number of characters limit that can be entered for the SQL Query in the "Add Command" window.
- The maximum size for a SQL Query that can be entered in a Command object in Crystal Reports is: 64 KB.
- Note: If your SQL Query is larger than 64 KB, we recommend using a stored procedure.
CR, Add Command , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio ; SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio .NET 2005 ; SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio .NET 2008