- Record Selection Formula change orders.
- In Crystal Reports, when modifying the Record Selection Formula using the Select Expert, it sporadically changes the orders of the filters.
- Crystal Reports 9
- Crystal Reports 10
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Create a Record Selection using the Select Expert.
- Under the menu "Report", select "Select Expert - Record..."
- In the "Select Expert" window, create one or more selection.
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
- Under the menu "Report", select "Select Expert" -> "Record..."
- In the "Select Expert" window, click on "Show Formula" to display the Record Selection Formula.
- It will display the Record Selection Formula at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on "Formula Editor..." to edit the Record Selection Formula.
- Add filters to the Record Selection Formula at the end.
- Save and close the formula.
- This is a known issue that have been tracked under Problem ID: ADAPT00075318.
- There is no product update that resolves this issue.
- The suggestion is to not modify the Record Selection Formula via the Select Expert, but to modify it directly:
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "Report", select "Selection Formula - Record..."
- In the "Formula Workshop", modify your Record Selection Formula.
- To save the change, click on "Save and Close"
- When modifying the Record Selection Formula directly, without passing via the Select Expert, the modification will be retained, and stay in the order it was written.
Record selection formula order changes select expert Crystal Reports Select Expert Record Selection Formula Editor , c2015212 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 10.0 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 9.0 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2