- Invalid printer error.
- When opening a report in Crystal Reports, it displays the error:
"This report uses an invalid printer. The default printer will be used instead."
- Why does this error appear and how do you resolve it?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports.
- Open a report.
- It displays the error: "This report uses an invalid printer. The default printer will be used instead."
- Crystal Reports format the report based on the printer selected for the specific report.
- If the printer driver on which the report was designed on is not installed on the computer, it will display the warning message.
- This is only a warning message indicating the printer on which the report was designed is not installed on the local computer where Crystal Reports is installed. It will use the default printer driver, or if there is no printer installed, it will use no printer to format the report when previewing it. The warning simply indicate the report formatting could potentially be a little bit different when previewing the report, since the printer driver used to originally desiged the report is not on the computer.
- If you do not want to see the warning message, set the report to use "No Printer":
- In Crystal Reports, open the report.
- Under the menu "File", select "Page Setup..."
- In "Page Setup", check the option "No Printer (optimize for screen display)"
- Click "OK"
- Save the report.
CR, PRINTER ERROR WARNING INVALID OPEN REPORT OPENING DEFAULT Crystal Reports Printers Opening a report na , c2014672 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020