- Cannot add a picture to the repository.
- There is no option to add the image to the repository.
- After copying and pasting a picture from one application to Crystal Reports, it is not possible to add the image to the repository.
- Unable to add an OLE object image to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report, or open an existing report.
- Insert an image on the report by following one of the method described below:
- Under the menu "Insert", select "OLE Object", then insert an image; or
- Copy an image from one application and paste it in Crystal Reports.
- This occur because only bitmap file inserted as "Pictures" on a report can be added to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository.
- The Repository supports storing "Image File" objects only, not OLE Objects that contain images.
- The interface in Crystal Reports for creating and storing "Image File" objects to and from the Repository is only able to handle image file formats directly without any type of OLE object wrapper.
- In Crystal Reports, to add an image to the repository, insert a supported file format without an OLE object wrapper using the insert picture option:
- In Crystal Reports, select "Picture" under the menu "Insert"
- Select an image stored in a supported format. The support format are:
- Joint Photographic Experts (JPG)
- bitmap (BMP)
- Tagged Image File Format (TIF)
- Portable Network Graphic (PNG)
REPOSITORY IMAGE PICTURE OLE OBJECT BITMAP JPG PNG TIF BMP Crystal Reports Crystal Repository Saving objects to the repository Images , c2013782 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem