- Unable to see all database objects.
- Some Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, are missing.
- When connecting to a database in Crystal Reports, not all Tables, Views, or Stored Procedure, are displayed in the Database Expert.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the Database Expert, connect to a data source that contains a large number of objects. ( Tables, Views, Stored Procedures,... )
- Notice it is missing some tables, views, stored procedure,...
- The number of database objects returned in Crystal Reports is determined by the setting in the Windows Registry: NTablesMax
- The default value for this registry setting is 8,000.
- NTablesMax specifies the number of database objects to get a listing of from the database.
- Once this number is reached, the listing of objects in Crystal Reports is stopped. Objects can include tables, views, synonyms and stored procedures.
- To modify the number of database objects displayed in Crystal Reports when connecting to a Data Source, increase the value of the registry key: NTablesMax:
WARNING The following resolution involves editing the Microsoft Windows Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Windows Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322 for more information.
- Close Crystal Reports. (If it is running.)
- Start the Microsoft Registry Editor. ( Regedit )
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, browse to the folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions
- In the right-hand window of the Microsoft Registry Editor, double-click NTablesMax
- In the 'Edit DWORD Value' dialog box, select Decimal
- In the Value Data text box, type a value like: 10000, then click: OK
( Value: 0 means no limit. )
- Close the Microsoft Registry Editor.
The next time you open Crystal Reports, you will be able to see more database objects.
TABLE LIMIT NTABLESMAX RETURNED RETURNS BRING BACK RETRIEVE FETCH CONNECT Crystal Reports Connections to database objects Maximum number of database objects , c2013280 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem