- 'Right Outer Join', and 'Full Outer Join' linking option grayed out.
- When attempting to link tables in Crystal Reports, only the 'Inner Join' and 'Left Outer Join' options are available in the Database Expert, the other options are grayed out.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source, and add 2 tables, or 1 table and 1 stored procedure
- In the Database Expert window, create a link between the tables
- Right click on the link, and select "Link Options..."
- In the Link Options window, notice the Join type: Right Outer Join, as well as Full Outer join is grayed out.
- When the linking options are grayed out in the 'Database Expert' in Crystal Reports, it indicates:
- The join type is not supported by this type of data source; or
- The join type is not supported by this data source and connection in Crystal Reports; or
- You are linking a table to a stored procedure or a command object; or
- You are linking tables from multiple data sources.
- If the join type is not supported in Crystal Reports due to the connection used, and it is supported by your data source, then use a Command Object, or a Stored Procedure to create the desired join link on your database side.
STORED PROCEDURES LINK NOT AVAILABLE GREYED GRAYED OUT RIGHT FULL OUTER WHERE Crystal Reports Linking stored procedures 'Full Outer Join' type 'Right Outer Join' type , c2012108 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem