Error: Failed to export the report.
- Error: Error detected by Export DLL.
- When attempting to export a report to MS Excel Data Only format, it fails.
- In Crystal Reports, report containing a cross-tab, fails to export to Microsoft Excel (97-2003) format with the following error:
"Failed to export the report."
SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a cross-tab on the report, and add at least 3 database fields for the rows, and at least one field to summarize.
- Format the cross-tab to suppress the middle row subtotals, and the first row header.
- Export the report to Microsoft Excel (97-2003) Data-Only format. It will then fail with the error:
"Failed to export the report"
- The issue only occurs when a cross-tab has it's row or column subtotals suppressed, as well as the first row header suppressed.
- The issue has been tracked under SAP Note 2295315
- There is unfortunately no product update at this point that resolves this issue.
- To workaround this situation, create a conditional formula for the first row of the cross-tab that is always equal to true.
- Right click on the “Row #1” on the cross-tab, and select “Format Field…”
- In the “Format Editor”, under the tab “Common”, uncheck the option “Suppress”
- Click on the “X-2” button of the “Suppress” option, and in the “Formula Editor”, type: True
- Click “Save and close” located in the upper left corner.
- Back to the Format Editor window, click “OK” to accept the change.
Now, it will export successfully to MS Excel (97-2003) Data-Only format.
CR, xtab, exporting xls , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016