- What are the Rich Text Format tags that can be used in Crystal Reports?
- When formatting an object to use RTF Text Interpretation in Crystal Reports, what RTF tags are supported?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
- Crystal Reports RTF text interpretation was introduced to format text with basic RTF tags. It does not support the full set of RTF tags, as it is meant to only support the formatting that can be done in Crystal Reports for a text object like: fonts, font size, font colors, bold, italic,...
- This knowledge base article provides the following information:
- A list of supported RTF tags in Crystal Reports.
- A list of examples of unsupported RTF tags that will not format correctly in Crystal Reports.
- Sample report using RTF Text Interpretation.
- Background information.
- Where to find more information?
- RTF tags supported in Crystal Reports:
- \fonttbl Font table generation
- \colortbl Color table generation
- \tab Fixed tabs (fixed meaning set on a horizontal line position)
- \par Few paragraph, essentially a carriage return or line feed
- \qr Paragraph alignment (qr is right aligned, qc is centered, ql is left aligned)
- \ul Underline (ulnone is used to switch off underline)
- \b Bold (b0 is used to switch off bold)
- \fi2880 Indent first line of paragraph (in this example the indent is 2 inches)
- \li1440 Left indent all (in this example the indent is 1 inch)
- \strike Strikeout font
- \emdash Produce the smaller "-" dash (en-dash, a dash the width of the letter "n")
- \endash Produce the smaller "-" dash (en-dash, a dash the width of the letter "n")
- \emspace Produce the smaller " " space (en-space, a space the width of the letter "n")
- \enspace Produce the smaller " " space (en-space, a space the width of the letter "n")
- \ldblquote Left double quotation mark (rdblquote produces a right double quotation mark)
- \lquote Left single quotation mark (rquote produces a right single quotation mark)
- \bullet Bullet mark
- Example of RTF Tags not supported in Crystal Reports. Those RTF tags will not format the text as expected:
- \pntext\f1\'B7 Bulleted indents (in this example a round bullet is used)
- \sub Subscript
- \super Superscript
- \trowd Tables and any table, row, or cell-related tags
- \shad Shadows
- \animtext Animated text
- \caps Apply capital letters
- \uldb Double underline
- \uldash Dash underline
- \ulth Thick underline
- \ulw Wave underline
- \chshdng Character shading
- \chdate Current date
- \bkmrkstart Bookmark start or bookmark end
- \bkmarkend Bookmark start or bookmark end
- \pict, \wbitmap Pictures and any picture-related tags
- \object OLE objects and any OLE object-related tags
- \do Drawing objects and any Drawing object-related tags
- \strikedl Double Strike
- Sample Report:
- RTF Text Intepretation Sample Report.rpt ( Available in the Attachments section below)
- Background Information:
- RTF Text Interpretation reads formula or database syntax written as RTF tags and thereby apply the format property in Crystal Reports.
- The component that interprets RTF tags is: Crpaig80.dll. This component renders text objects in Crystal Reports.
- Where to find More Information:
- For more information on 'Text Interpretation', refer to the Crystal Reports Online Help by pressing the F1 key.
RTF CODES TEXT OBJECT INTERPRETATION CORRECT WORKS ERROR FORMULA SUPPORT Crystal Reports Formula Syntax Paragraph Formatting String Field , c2011504 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
|RTF Text Interpretation.rpt|
|RTF Tags Sample.xls|