- How can a drill-down page be customized according to the current level in Crystal Reports?
- How to suppress fields depending on the Drill-Down level we are in Crystal Reports?
- For example, a report contains one or more groups. Each group can be drilled down for more detail. How can you apply conditional formatting to the drill-down page based on the current level?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- To apply conditional formatting to the drill-down page, use the DrillDownGroupLevel function in a formula.
- The DrillDownGroupLevel function evaluates the level that is currently viewed.
For example, when you are viewing the report in Preview mode, the drill-down level returns the value of zero (0).
When you drill down into the first group level, the DrillDownGroupLevel function returns the value of one (1).
- Based on the values returned by the DrillDownGroupLevel function, create a formula to conditionally format drill-down page or level.
For example: If we have a report with Group Header 1 (GH1) conditionally suppressed if the current view is the first drill-down level.
- Create a conditional suppression formula for GH1 similar to the following:
//This conditional suppression formula formats the section by
//suppressing Group Header 1 when the current view is the first drill-down level.
DrillDownGroupLevel = 1
- Upon previewing the report and drilling down into the first group level, the Group Header will be suppressed.
DRILL-DOWN DRILL DOWN CONDITIONAL FORMULA CUSTOMIZE EACH GROUP LEVEL PAGES Crystal Reports How to use DrillDownGroupLevel function Conditionally format group level Formula function , c2011373 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To