- Fields missing.
- In the "Field Explorer" pane, newly added fields to the database are not listed.
- In Crystal Reports, a report is created off a Table, View or Stored Procedure. After the report was created, additional database fields are added to the Table, View or Stored Procedure, but when opening the report, those new fields are not visible from the Field Explorer. How to add the new fields to the report?
Why does new database fields does not appear in the 'Field Explorer'?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add a table, view or stored procedure.
- In the Field Explorer pane, it displays all the fields coming from the table, view or stored procedure.
- Save the report.
- In the database, update the table, view or stored procedure, and add at least one field to it.
- In Crystal Reports, open the report created in previous steps, and the new fields does not display in the Field Explorer.
How to add those new fields?
- The new fields do not appear in the 'Field Explorer' because the data source was not verified after changes were made to it.
- In more details: When creating a report in Crystal Reports, it stores in the report the fields definition for the table, views or stored procedure the report is based off. If new fields are added to the database table after the report is created, it will not pickup the updated table if the report option "Verify on First Refresh" is uncheck, because it will re-use the fields definition that are stored in the report.
- To pickup the change made on the data source, perform a Verify Database for the report.
- In Crystal Reports, open the report.
- Under the menu 'Database' select 'Verify Database'.
- The 'Verify Database' window appears with the message:
'The database file "<Object Name>" has changed. Proceeding to fix up the report!'.
- Click Ok.
The 'Verify Database' box window displays again, with the message: 'The database is now up to date'.
- Now, in the "Field Explorer" window, you will see the new added fields.
CR, VIEW NEW FIELDS VIEWS DATABASE REPORT DESIGNER NOT AVAILABLE UNAVAILABLE Crystal Reports Verify Database Database Changes , c2011298 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To