- Blank page.
- First page of a report is empty.
- In Crystal Reports, when previewing a report that contains subreport, it add unwanted page break before the subreport.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add a subreport on the report.
- When previewing the report, the first page of the report is blank, or there is unwanted page breaks before the subreport.
A blank page, or a page break is created because by default a section is formatted with the option 'Keep Together'. When this option is checked, and if there is no enough space on the page to print the whole subreport, it will avoid breaking the subreport by generating a page break, and start printing the subreport on a new page.
- Uncheck the option: "Keep Together" for the sections in which the subreport is located, as well as the subreport option "Keep Object Together":
- In Crystal Reports, open the report.
- Uncheck the option "Keep Together" for the section in which the subreport is located:
- Under the menu "Report", select "Section Expert..."
- In the "Section Expert" window, select the section in which the subreport is located. ( For example: Report Header, Details,... )
- On the right side, uncheck the option "Keep Together"
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
- Uncheck the subreport option: "Keep Object Together"
- Right click on the subreport, and select 'Format Subreport...
- In the 'Format Editor', under the tab 'Common', uncheck the option "Keep Object Together"
- Click "OK"
- If your report contains Groups, and your subreport is located within a group, then uncheck 'Keep Together' for the group in the main report and subreport by completing the following steps
- Under the menu "Report", select "Group Expert..."
- In the "Group Expert" window, select the "Group", and click the button "Options..."
- In the "Change Group Options" window, under the tab "Options", uncheck the option "Keep Group Together"
- Click "OK"
- If you have multiple groups, you may have to change the group options for the other groups as well, then click "OK" to accept the change.
- Preview the report, and there should not have any blank page, or white gap before the subreport start displaying.
If there is still a blank page before the subreport, then it is the sections whithin the subreport that are causing the extra blank page. Then ensure you uncheck the section options "Keep Together" within the subreport.
- Under the tab "Design", right click on the subreport, and select "Edit Subreport"
- Now, in the subreport design, uncheck the section option "Keep Together"
- If you have groups. uncheck the group option "Keep Object Together"
SUBREPORT PAGE BREAK FLOW PAGES SECTIONS Seagate Crystal Reports Formatting Subreport Page Break , c2006949 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem