- Salesforce.com option not available
- When attempting to create a new report in Crystal Reports, the Salesforce.com connection type is not listed in the available datasources.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the "Database Expert" window, under "Available Data Sources", the Salesforce.com connection is missing
- The Salesforce.com driver is not installed.
- By default, the Salesforce.com driver is installed when installing Crystal Reports, but if the software was installed using a custom installation, then it is possible to select to not install it.
- To install the Salesforce.com driver for Crystal Reports:
- On the computer where Crystal Report is installed, go to the MS Windows Control Panel, and select "Programs and Features"
- In the "Programs and Features" window, select the application: "SAP Crystal Reports", and click "Uninstall/Change"
- In the "SAP Crystal Reports setup" window, select "Modify" and click "Next"
- In the screen: "Select Language Packages", click "Next"
- In the screen "Select Features", under "Database Access", check the option "Salesforce.com Driver", and click "Next"
It will now install the Salesforce.com driver.
Sforce, missing, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016