- Error: "This document could not be opened"
- When attempting to open a report in Crystal Reports, it displays the error:
"This document could not be opened. It does not appear to be a Crystal Reports document"
or it displays the following error:
"This document could not be opened."
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, attempt to open an existing report, it then displays the error:
"This document could not be opened"
- There are at least two parameters with identical names in the report and one is unused.
- Crystal Reports version 9 had a product defect allowing identical names for parameters, this issue was resolved and it is now no longer possible to have 2 parameters with the same name. And if it occurs, it is unfotunately not possible to open the report in Crystal Reports.
- To resolve the issue, open the report in Crystal Reports version 9 and delete the unused parameter with duplicated name.
CR, duplicate parameter name , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2