- Crystal Reports hangs.
- Error Message : "Server is Busy" when starting Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports.
- Error: "Server busy. This action cannot be completed because other program is busy. Choose 'Switch to' to activate busy program and correct the program."
- Crystal Reports is checking for updates.
- To be able to start Crystal Reports, disabled checking for update by setting the registry key: DisableOnStartUp, to the value: 1
WARNING - The following resolution involves editing the Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry before editing it. For more information, refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Open the Microsoft Windows Registry Editor. ( regedit )
- Navigate to the following path corresponding to the specific product version you are using:
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\CheckForUpdates
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\CheckForUpdates
- Note: If the product is installed on a 64bit version of Microsoft Windows, the path will be different as the 32bit software registry keys will be under: Wow6432Node. For example, for Crystal Reports 2011 installed on a 64bit operating system, the registry path will be:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports
Server is busy , 7813421 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013