In Crystal Reports XI, when attempting to access the list of values (LOV) from a report based on a universe using an Oracle database as the data provider, the LOVs are not listed in the prompts. The LOVs are blank.
The following workflow is used:
- Open Crystal Report Designer.
- Select a universe using an Oracle database as the data source.
- Create a report.
- Click several objects in the query panel.
- Drag a field to the condition pane to apply a prompt.
- Click the LOVs for the objects.
When the LOV tab is clicked, no LOVs are listed.
To resolve the behavior
- Open sqlnet.ora in a text editor such as Notepad.
The file is located at <installation directory>:\Oracle\ora92\network\admin\.
- Locate the following parameter:
- Change this to the following:
- Save and close the file.
The LOVs are now visible in the report.
Crystal Report Universe Oracle database not show LOV prompt, 7217097 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem