- Open both the reports in Crystal Reports XI.
- Go to File|Export|Export Report.
- Select ODBC.
- Click OK.
- Select a MS ACCESS ODBC DSN from the list and click OK.
- After following the steps 2 to 5 for the first report it gets exported. But with the second report the error arises: "Unable to export".
- After looking at the second report it was found that there was an empty text box n the Page Footer of the non working report. Once that text was removed from the report and export to ODBC-MS Access wa s tried the report got exported without any errors.
So,in order to export a XI report to ODBC-MS Access there should not be any empty text box in the report. In case of version 8.5 it was permissible whereas in case of XI it is not allowed.
export, ODBC Export, MS Access , 5731103 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed