- Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1
- Business Objects Integration Kit for SAP XI 3.1
- SAP Netweaver BI 7.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Create or refresh a Crystal report based on a BW query or other SAP connection type.
- The list of available SAP connections is empty.
- Special characters (such as é and ü) found in saplogin.ini cannot be displayed and cause all Crystal Reports SAP connections to not be displayed.
- The issue has been identified and tracked under ID ADAPT00775400.
- Open the saplogon.ini file in a text editor and save it as UTF-8 format.
- Now the list of systems will be visible, even if they contain special characters.
- This enhancement (tracked under ADAPT00775400) is due to be implemented in Business Objects Integration Kit for SAP XI 3.1 SP3.
- After applying this service pack, it is no longer necessary to save the laplogonlini file in UTF-8 format.
If it is necessary to access a saplogon.ini file in a location other than C:\WINDOWS, follow the instructions in SAP Knowledge Base Article 1201833.
KIT XIR3 XI R3 XI3.0 XI3 3 3.0 TITAN RN , 4106211; missing; gone; blank; cannot; , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed