- Only the first page of the document displays
- Microsoft Word document, Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, PDF document,.. that contains multiple pages, only displays the first page.
- When inserting an OLE Object that contains multiple pages in Crystal Reports, it doesn't displays the entire document.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert an OLE Object that contains several pages on the report. ( Microsoft Office document, PDF document,... )
- When viewing the report, it only display the first page of the document inserted.
- An OLE Object is a technology that allows linking and embedding part of a document in another application.
- It is limited to display the first page of a document, if the embedded document contains multiple pages.
- This is the default behavior of a Microsoft OLE Object. It is not a limitation of Crystal Reports, but of the OLE Object technology. If you were to insert the same OLE Object in another application, it will also display the first page only.
- To workaround the OLE Object technology limitation:
- Save each page of the document in a separate file.
- Insert each page as an OLE Object on the report.
CRXI CR XI R2 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016