A Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 .NET application is being developed using the Crystal Reports XI Release 2 .NET SDK as the reporting development tool. When attempting to create a member variable for the ActiveX viewer, the following error message appears:
"Line: 1198 - Error: The Extender Provider failed to return an
Extender for this object."
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start Visual Studio .NET 2005.
2. Start a new project by clicking New > Project from the File menu.
3. In the Project Types dialog box, expand Visual C++ Projects and select MFC.
4. In the Templates dialog box, select MFC Application.
5. Provide a name for the application and click OK. The MFC Application Wizard appears.
6. In the Application Type tab select the Dialog based check box and click Finish. Visual Studio.NET will now display your form.
7. Right-click your form and click Insert ActiveX Control.
8. Select Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control 11.5 and click OK.
9. Right-click the ActiveX Viewer control and click Add
Variable. At this step, the error message appears, and it
is not possible to proceed.
Create a class from the ActiveX viewer control and create a variable from that class. To create the class and the variable follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Project in Solution Explorer.
2. Click Add > Class.
3. In the Add Class dialog box, click MFC in the categories.
4. Select MFC Class From ActiveX Control and click the Add button.
5. In the wizard, click File from Add class from.
6. Enter the path in the Location text box as:
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\crystalreportviewers115\ActiveXControls\CRViewer.dll
7. Select ICrystalReportViewer11 from the Interfaces list and move to the Templates list. This will generate a class with the name CCrystalReportViewer11.
8. Click Finish.
9. Right-click the ActiveX viewer control and click Add Variable. When the error appears, click No.
10. Choose CCrystalReportViewer11.h as the .h file and CCrystalReportViewer11.ccp as the .CPP file.
11. Type the Variable Type as CCrystalReportViewer11.
12. Type the Variable name as m_Viewer.
13. Click Finish. This will create the
m_Viewer variable that will point to the
.NET, VC++ , 3764042 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem