- Report formatting look a little bit different.
- Original page layout change when viewing a report on a different machine.
- Formatting of the report is slightly different when viewed on other computers.
- Report layout appears slightly different in Crystal Reports, than when it was designed on another computer.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report.
- Save the report.
- On a different computer, open the report in Crystal Reports designer.
- When viewing the report, the formatting of the report is slightly different.
- When viewing a report in Crystal Reports, the formatting is based on the printer selected for the report.
- Page layout and formatting is directly affected by the printer driver used, and when a report is viewed on a different computer that does not have the same printer, then the report will look slightly different.
- To ensure the report formatting is the same, or very similar on every computer, peform one of the following:
- Install the same printer driver used to design the report, on all the computers where the report will be viewed; or
- Select the option "No Printer" in the Page Setup of the report.
Note: The second suggestion is only effective for viewing and exporting the report. If you plan to physically print the report, ensure you have the same printer driver than the printer driver used to design the report, installed on the same computer.
Preview mode changes, layout change, Crystal Reports, Crystal Reports XI, Crystal Reports XI R2 , 3005522, text truncate, end of page, truncation, view , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem