- How to report off MS Active Directory?
- How to create a report in Crystal Reports off the Microsoft Active Directory?
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- To report off Microsoft Active Directory, use the OLEDB Provider from Microsoft called: OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Directory Services
- In Crystal Reports, create a new blank report.
- In the "Database Expert: window, under "Create New Connection", doouble click on "OLEDB Data Sources (ADO)"
- In the 'Data Link Properties' dialog window, select "OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Directory Services" and then click "Next"
- For the 'Data Source', enter the full computer name of the server where the connection is being made.
- For the 'Location' text box, enter the UNC path to the directory where the Active Directory ntds.dit file is located.
- When prompted to enter information to log on to the server, select the option 'Use Windows NT Integrated security' and click 'OK'.
- Click 'OK' again to go back to the "Database Expert" window.
- Under the new connection, double click on "Add Command"
- In the "Add Command To Report" window, enter the SQL Query to retreive the Active Directory. For example the SQL Query will look like:
SELECT ADsPath, cn FROM 'LDAP://OU=ou,DC=sports,DC=xtremebikes,DC=com'
Note: In the above example the domain is: sports.xtremebikes.com
- Click "OK" to accpet the SQL Query.
- Back to the "Database Expert" window, click "OK"
- In the "Filed Explorer" pane, usually located on the right side, expand the data object to show the Active Directory fields available to report from.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016