- Starting the Central Management Server (CMS) fails, after Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) startup the CMS will start but immediately stop
- error_cms log file contains the following:
The root server reported an error Initialization Failure
- The error in the Windows Event Viewer for the BusinessObjects_CMS shows the following error message:
"The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Database access error. Reason [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "CMS_IdNumbers7" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions..)."
ODBC error found: ErrorMessage([Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "CMS_IdNumbers7" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.), ErrorCode(1088)
- It can be seen in medium / high level CMS traces that just before this error is generated the below statement runs:
ALTER TABLE dbo.CMS_IdNumbers7 ADD <CMS> INT
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3)
- Linux / Unix
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.3
KBA , BI-BIP-SRV , CMS / Auditing issues (excl. 3rd Party Authentication) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.