If a dimension has the "Enable Data Access Control" option set under the dimension preferences or model data access menu, users are still able to see restricted dimensions members (read access) and enter data even though they do not have write access.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Data access control (DAC) specified in the model is only applied to fact data.
- Master data (members in the member selection dialogs) are not part of the data access control.
- Data appears as unbooked and you can see restricted dimension members by clicking the "Unbooked data" option in the Story builder or setting the "Unbooked On" in a story, panel or input control filters.
- Users who create private versions or try to update public versions are able to write data to any member (data is not actually saved until you click the "Save" button in the version management dialogue)
- Data access control is applied when a user tries to save or publish a private version to a public version or when they try to publish a public version and then choose the "Save as" new version option.
- In this case only the data for which the user has write privileges will be published.
- The following message will appear:
- Due to limited access rights, some of the data can't be saved. Do you want to save everything except those data?
- Some of your data changes can't be published because of limited access rights. Those changes will be lost. Do you want to publish everything else?"
Use the "Hide hierarchy nodes for users without authorization" dimension preference to hide master data. See Setting Data Access Permissions on Dimensions.
- 2841717 - Data Access Control (DAC) is only applied to the default hierarchy in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- 2929882 - Publish button is grayed out in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC)
- Model and Version Security
- 2373779 - Changing read and write permissions for dimension members are not being applied on Story level in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, configured security, entity dimension, data access control, read and write access, all entities, basic security settings, no teams configured, controls, The version could not be published because you are lacking write access for some dimension members, read, write data, access, private versions version, Dimension Member Read/Write Access Issue, Dimension Read/Write Access in a model. Planner (not modeler) in security secure my entity dimension as Read / Write for access, input task see data in some entities, not in some entities, input in the ones assigned to them as Write entities , KBA , writing data with read write not functio , not functional (planning) , functioning , the input ignores the members other than , the one where the user is read & write. , the full data gets to the datapoint , unexpected interaction of restrictions , data input , security - model dimension , within a model to have read access only , defined security on a dimension within a , sac dac acces kba , does not work for non-admin roles , publishing data does not work for non-ad , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem